Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 2: HipHog Sculpt






There are some details to the back legs and the nose of the head. The body has texture and there is added thickness to the overall body to add the illusion of thick skin. Also notice the folds that over hang the front legs and the back legs. I am trying to make him look heavy, I mean he is supporting a village on his back.

I also added a tail to the HipHog. I have revisited the nose of the creature only to find if I were to give the head more Wart Hog features the design would not fit right, it would loose its appeal. Spent a little more time on the head part than I should of, but I can take with that a learning experience.

I have also taken the spikes on his back and his right tusk back into Maya to modify them, I cut some down more to fit the silhouette better. Any comments suggestions, as always, are welcome and thank you in advance.

Things to fix:
The back leg, now that I added weight makes him look imbalanced so I will need to change that a little.
I may revisit the thickness of his head because it is almost as big as some parts of his body, but in my opinion its pretty cool as it is, but we'll see.

Things still to do:
Nails
Horns
Village
Bridge
Tree
Foliage

Software:
Maya 2011
Zbrush 4.0
Topogun

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkedIn